Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Storyboard Anyplace Anytime

One of the key components of storyboarding is to imagine the pictures you would like to see accompanying the accomplishment of the goals you have set for yourself.

You don't need to put off storyboarding because you don't seem able to find the time. You can mentally rehearse your afternoon, your next day, the coming week, your holiday while riding the bus, waiting in the doctor's office or even while driving your car, as long as you don't close your eyes!

Include in the mental picture one of yourself taking time to write down your goals or an affirmation to accompany the pictures.

You do not need to storyboard every detail of your day. It's okay to zoom into those items that you really want accomplished but have found difficult
to find the motivation for.

I'm in the process of trying to get my finances ready for doing taxes. I can lament the hard work and frustration--my default pictures of taking care of little details like that--or I can picture myself loving doing it. And, you know, once I get the Excel spreadsheet up on my computer screen, it's kind of fun, certainly as satisfying as playing Solitaire on the computer.

Isn't it true that the dread of certain tasks is often far worse than how it feels when we actually do them?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home