Monday, June 07, 2004

Editing the manuscript of your mind

If you were writing a screenplay to go with a storyboard of your life: the movie, you might use a word processing program that allows you to find certain words or phrases in your manuscript and replace them with new words.

Here are a few words and phrases that you need to find and replace.

Find "I should" and replace it with "I choose to" or "I love to", or "I feel great when I"

Find "I would be happy if..." and delete this phrase every time it pops up. Replace it with, "I am thankful for..." and start counting up your blessings.

Find every negative thought about yourself, such as "I'm no good. I'm a loser. I'm fat. I'm lazy. I never do anything right." and replace it with something positive.

Find every lie you believe and replace it with truth.

What other negative phrases and words do you need to eliminate from the manuscript of your mind and what would you replace them with?

1 Comments:

At June 11, 2004 at 8:55 AM, Blogger Donna J. Shepherd said...

I'm trying, Deborah. I really am. I've found the most difficult word to take out of my vocabulary is 'should.' I have a lot of obligations, and have determined to look on them all in a more positive way because of your encourgement. I feel God has brought you into my life, and I am thankful.

Donna
Devotionals by Donna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home