Monday, August 30, 2004

Storyboarding for motivation

I don't know whether it was the changing weather that threatened rain, the discombobulation of some renovations at home, or what, but I was finding it really hard to get myself motivated to do anything over the last few days.

My muscles felt stiff, I decided to stop my exercise routine for a few days, and I felt like my body and my attitude was like a stubborn old mule. I could also feel some negative thoughts trying to gain a foothold in my mind and I felt a little blue and discouraged in addition to the lethargy.

When I feel like that, it's easy for me to stop believing in storyboarding because when I'm depressed it feels like I'm always going to be depressed.

One thing that helped was getting together with a good friend I haven't seen for a while. We went for a brisk walk, caught up on each other's news, then we sat together in my living room and prayed together, something we hadn't done together in a long time. What a lift that was. Sometimes we need to allow others to help us out of the doldrums, whether it's through a walk, through prayers, through spending time together.

Then, last night, I storyboarded today. I didn't schedule the day too closely, just wrote down a number of goals like a "to do" list, then I concentrated on envisioning my morning starting with prayer--and continuing with prayer while I made my husband's breakfast and packed his lunch. I pictured how it would go in a positive way and lo and behold, when the clock radio came on, I popped up, got dressed and came downstairs to pray first thing and loved it, just as I'd imagined.

It worked. I feel like I'm back on track and ready to tackle my to do list and I wonder why I ever put this off.

1 Comments:

At December 27, 2006 at 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that his design in settling here?
[b][url="http://hydrocodone.dewall.info "]buy hydrocodone[/url][/b]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home